Trinity Lutheran Church started in 1946 with about five faithful families who wanted a Lutheran church in Polk County, Oregon. They decided on Dallas, Ore to begin this new congregation. TLC started with the chapel that came from local Camp Adair. As the congregation grew additions were built on in 1969 and 1989. On June 5, 2011, Trinity Lutheran held its first service in the new church on Fir Villa. It has grown to a congregation of over 240.